Front of House Representative
Box Office Attendant/Bartender/House Manager
Curious Theatre Company seeks energetic and motivated individuals for fast-paced customer service positions. The Front of House Representative is a part-time position that reports directly to the Patron Services Manager and is an integral part of introducing and maintaining the culture of Curious Theatre Company to Curious’ subscribers, donors, and patrons.
In this position you will be trained and work regularly as a Box Office Attendant, Bartender (wine & beer), and House Manager. Shifts are dependent on the Curious performance schedule and are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday starting at 6:30pm, or 4:00pm, depending on start time of show, and Sunday starting at 12:30 pm during performance weeks. Staff may also be offered opportunities to work on special events or projects with Curious throughout the year, and we will have occasional meetings outside this regular schedule.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Handling phone, online, and email inquiries
- Selling tickets and subscriptions over the phone and in person
- Exchanging subscription tickets for other performance dates
- Handing out Will Call tickets
- Providing parking coupons
- Deploying end of day reports
- Staffing the bar and serving drinks to patrons
- Monitoring lobby traffic and reporting and responding quickly to issues, inclusive but not limited to security, custodial, lighting, and space management
- Overseeing the flow of the lobby, making sure guests are engaged and using facilities as they have been designed to be used
- Ensuring the public space is safe and welcoming to all visitors
- Orchestrating the delivery of instructions and information to the public in a clear and friendly way
- Ensuring pre-performance or pre-event information and furniture are properly distributed
- Responsible for the set-up, storage, and care of front of house equipment for nightly performances, as well as events planned by Curious and rental clients
Candidates should have experience with or enthusiasm for dealing with the public. Must possess exemplary customer service and communication skills and be able to creatively problem solve and anticipate needs. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in an often high-stress environment needed. No experience with a Box Office is necessary; involvement with a performance venue or restaurant a plus. Positive and energetic attitude required.
FOH Representatives earn $9.30/hour for shifts where they serve as House Manager or Box Office Attendant and $6.28/hour plus tips when working as bartender. Benefits and paid-time off are not offered.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and confirmation of schedule understanding to Emily Whalen, Patron Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.